It's More Fun in The Philippines

It's More Fun in The Philippines
Love our time doing Mission Work in the Philippines

Thursday, April 21, 2011

HOME AT LAST!

WEDNESDAY, April 20,2011
After a very short but bumpy flight we got to Chattanooga at 9:25 AM and were happy to be home. When we got to the baggage claim, Jamie and Karen Gerber were there to meet us and Leigh had come up to surprise me and work recruiting for Faulkner in Chattanooga. The final bit of good news was that all 4 of our bags were here even after all the confusion with our flights they made the trip to Chattanooga also! Chris and Karen took off for Ider and Jamie, Leigh and Seth took me and headed home. The weather had let up and that was nice!
Got home and visited with the family for a while and about 11 AM, Leigh and Seth went to meet a prospective Faulkner student and family for lunch and I decided I'd lay down for a couple of hours then Jamie and I would join them in Chattanooga for dinner. Jamie said she asked me if I wanted her to go without me and she claims I said 'yes that I would sleep'.... Well after a little bit, I thought I had been asleep for an hour and I got up and looked at the clock and it was 6:10 PM!
So I got up and went to bible class and got a lot of great hugs and felt really welcomed home from the folks at church in Trenton! Had my Bible class and then offered the invitation at Trenton.
After Bible class, there was cake and cream for my birthday! I got to spend a few minutes then I had a chance to talk with a young lady who has two beautiful little girls. She asked me some very challenging questions and we talked until abut 10:15. Jamie and one of the ladies from church watched the girls while the mother and I had a very good Bible study.
After it was over we got home and visited with Leigh for a while and everyone has settled down for the night! My birthday just began so I am going to head to bed.
It was a great trip to the Philippines and so much opportunity awaits there. I am gonna settle down and rest a bit and then figure out how to post the pics from the Mission trip! Thanks for all your prayers and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment