It's More Fun in The Philippines

It's More Fun in The Philippines
Love our time doing Mission Work in the Philippines

Thursday, April 21, 2011

55 is starting off a better age than it was as a speed limit :)

APRIL 21, 2011 -- MY 55th BIRTHDAY
As I reached official "AARP" Membership age, I got up and made 7 in 1 coffee and non fat Pop-Tarts and enjoyed a little quiet time while Jamie, Leigh and Seth were still sleeping. At about 9 AM, the crew started rolling in and we visited and planned our day. 
We decided that we would have lunch out in Chattanooga and they let me choose.  I decided a big American steak at Longhorns.  We drove up there in two cars so Leigh and Seth could head to Atlanta to work representing Faulkner at Lads to Leaders there.  We had a wonderful lunch and I decided to have grilled trout with shrimp and lobster and mashed potato and salad.   Not exactly a raw steak, but it was really good. 
Leigh and Seth left and got on 75 headed south and we went to the grocery store.    Jamie did her weekly shopping at Publix and with her coupons got $111 worth of groceries for $52.06 and came out grumbling because she had forgotten one set of coupons.  She is amazing in a grocery store!
After that we headed home and I got in my recliner and had a little nap.  Jamie gave me the gift that she had for me and from her mom.  I got a pair of shorts, a swimming suit and a pair of convertible pants--you can take the bottoms off and they are shorts!  I also got a shirt and feel very blessed.
Then we watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.  Jamie really enjoyed it and I had already slept through the movie once on the flight from Atlanta to Korea last week, and did a little more of that today :)
It has been a fine day with Leigh here and calls from each of the other girls. I even got to speak with Morgan.  She thought it was Ellie's birthday but finally got it straight. We are planning to see them hopefully next week :) I also have received birthday wishes from over 90 people who have had a place in my life and memories.  If a man has family and friends, he really does have great riches!  And I feel like the richest man in town today! Thanks for your contribution!
I also got to visit with my aunt in Nashville and am going with Jamie to go over early to Nashville, tomorrow, to coordinate our group activities at Lads to Leaders.  I called Kakie and we are going to spend Friday night with her.  She joked with me about seeing me 55 years ago.....
The day has been great and if this is what reaching AARP age is all about...i ain't bad!  Louise even dedicated her blog to me with pictures of Ellie and me!  Life is really grand!  Thanks for the part you had it in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment