It's More Fun in The Philippines

It's More Fun in The Philippines
Love our time doing Mission Work in the Philippines

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reflections of a New Grandfather






















I have now officially been a grendfather for about 2 hours and have spent much of that time looking at Ellie. So thankful that she was born healthy and that Louise is well too. 8 lbs and 11 oz and 20 1/2 inches long with a 14 inch head and beautiful to boot! It is so surreal to remember January 15, 1984 and seeing another pretty little baby and now realizing she is laying in the hospital bed just having delivered her own baby. Today has flooded my mind with reflections of 30 years of blessings that God placed in Jamie and my lives with our daughters. Now with Dirt having joined us a few years ago, it didn't seem like things could be much better until this afternoon. Ellie already has made a special place in my heart and I can hardly wait to see what she adds to the world.






Of all the things I have already prayed for and hope for her, my greatest desire is that she will grow to be a wonderful Christian lady. She will be surrounded with great examples, starting at her mom and moving outward in the circle of family and so many godly friends.






I can't help but wonder what she will be and what she will do, and really don't have a clue. But I do know that she has already got a hug spot in my heart and given me a new hope for life and the world.






On a funnier note, Jamie and I were walking back from the nursery after watching Ellie in the bassinet, and had to smile. Just an old granmother and grandfatehr walking off into the sunset. Not sad and certainly not at the end but really enjoying reflecting on where we've been and looking forward to the road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment