It's More Fun in The Philippines

It's More Fun in The Philippines
Love our time doing Mission Work in the Philippines

Friday, May 1, 2009

Sometimes you just find what you need.....

This has been a really roller coaster week for me. Early in the week I had the chance to visit with a group of old friends at Lipscomb and really have a great time. I returned to Trenton and home and to reality and several seriously ill friends.
Now I am dealing with a Bible study that has bogged down because the person I am studying with doesn't have any problem with the doctrines of the Bible but told me yesterday that the hangup was the way that some Christians that he knew were acting in a way that he would never be a part of a group like that.....Reminded me of the quote by Gandhi "I would be a Christian....if it weren't for Christians." I will continue to deal with this and certainly try and address this objection but man is it discouraging since just this week we were talking about obedience to the Bible and how his life would be changed. He made the comment that he would be the most committed Christian in that church. Now, it appears we are back at peg one and three years of work and Bible study are in jeopardy. I must confess, I am an incurable optimist, but at times, events like this discourage me, too.
But this morning at about 3:30, after I had gotten up and prayed and read my Bible before work, I saw this verse. I have several web sites and e-mails that feature their version of "verse of the day" and this one hit me today:
Be at peace again, my soul,because the LORD has been good to you.You saved me from death.You saved my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling. Ps 116:7,8.
I must tell you, that came at pretty good time in my life. Besides letting me vent this morning, I would encourage you to spend time every day in quiet Bible study and prayer. It is amazing how it will arm you for the day. Even on days when you feel that something has gone sour and broken your heart, God is the answer....to all the questions and always will help you find the solutions you need in His Word. I'm glad I found this verse today!

2 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself The Church is made up of human beings and we are not perfect. It comforts me. I hope it does you too. Also remember you always tell me we are just planters. God adds the increase. I am praying very much about this. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy you are amazing and you encourage me so so much! I am so glad you have this blog! I know its crazy and we dont talk as much this time of year as I like but just know you are always in my thought and prayers. The people of Trenton are blessed to have you in their lives! This specific thing is at the very top of my prayer list...and I just find it amazing that even with all this you still find a way to be positive! That is why I look up to you..always have and always will!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete