It's More Fun in The Philippines

It's More Fun in The Philippines
Love our time doing Mission Work in the Philippines

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rainy Days and Quiet Saturdays

Yesterday was as relaxing a day as I have had in many a moon! Didn't go anywhere special or do anything dramatic. I just had a day with very little on my schedule and nothing until after lunch. So, no alarm was set and I woke up about 7:00 AM and heard the rain and said "I think I'll sleep a few more minutes." That turned out to be until 9:30 AM! For a lot of folks that is not a big deal but I can't remember the last time I slept that late except the days after returning from overseas! And it was wonderful! I don't advocate doing it every day, but an occasional Saturday for me was grand.
After getting up I heated up some cinnamon and blueberry biscuits and made a pot of coffee for Jamie and me. We had a leisurely paced breakfast and I sat down in the recliner and started reading and studying and didn't hardly move until 4 PM. I watched it rain and thought how much I liked these pajamas and the old shirt I had on!
Finally I felt motivated enough to shave and shower and we headed out to eat supper. We went to Brock's' Restaurant on the Square in Trenton and met Charles and Jackie Hill for supper. One of the greatest blessings on this side of eternity in the Lord's church is having friends who are brothers and sisters! We had planned to eat (and did) with them last night but tonight it just worked out and fellowship means so much! Charles is one of the people that if I ever need to talk with someone about that I will call.
After dinner we made a couple of visits to folks from church and got home and closed it down for the day. It really was a day I needed. Sometimes it is easy to think that if I'm not doing something every minute that I'm wasting time. I know better than that.....but a quiet rainy Saturday really helped to remind me to take a little more time every so often and "Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it too honey! lets do it again sometime! ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an easy day!! You deserve it!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you definitely deserve a day like that if anyone does! ily

    ReplyDelete